What is Trauma?
Trauma is caused from an event or multiple events that are overwhelming for the person that experienced them. It impacts the person’s ability to cope with what happened which can lead to long-term negative consequences.
The Negative Consequences of Trauma
Because of how various the traumatic event can be, it means there can be multiple negative consequences for experiencing trauma. This can include:
- Feeling numb, unable to process, and confused by the event
- Intense emotions such as sadness and anger
- Feeling mentally exhausted and tired
- Mood swings and changes in personality
- Feeling guilt and continuous self-blame
- Unable to sleep, experiencing flashbacks and nightmares
- Feeling frightened and scared
Discussing Trauma Through Counselling
At Creative Devotional our counsellors can offer support to work through your past trauma and learn the skills you need to develop coping strategies. They can aid in navigating previous traumatic events and process difficult memories.