What is Stress?
Stress is one of the most common mental health problems in today’s world. In small amounts, stress can be tolerated, however, prolonged or intense stress levels can negatively impact our relationships, work performance, and lead to panic attacks and depression. Commons signs of stress include irritability, problems concentrating, troubled sleeping, negative thinking, changes in appetite, lack of motivation, loss of libido, social withdrawal, and mood swings. Stress can also contribute to physical symptoms such as skin disorders, IBS and digestive problems, headaches, muscular tension, high blood pressure and other bodily aches and pains.
What is Stress Management?
Stress management through counselling and psychotherapy can be instrumental in tackling the root cause of stress and working on ways of managing it. At Creative Devotional Counselling, stress counselling treatment is designed to help you explore the causes of stress, including those created by work, family, and past experiences. It may be important to understand what you are doing to maintain high stress levels – for example, some behaviours serve to exacerbate stress. Counsellors specialising in stress management will work with you to develop stress-reduction techniques and to promote psychologically healthier patterns of living.
How can stress management counselling help you?
- It gives you the opportunity to explore the underlying causes of your stress and anxiety
- It helps examines your thoughts, feelings and behaviours that contribute to stress
- You can gain self-understanding and Insight, including identifying stress triggers
- It offers tailor-made coping strategies to manage stressful situations
- It improves your ability to handle pressures and your reactions to them
- You can learn techniques and tools that are effective for you for the long-run.